Friday, February 29, 2008

New Film Project

I want to start a new film project, not necessarily related to the everyday project. It would be a short movie, using a collage of moving images with narration providing the plot. I'd love to get a feel to the piece that's similar to some of the Amelie sequences, where the eponymous character, played by Audrey Tautou, introduces characters by going their likes and dislikes.

I looked at William S. Burroughs' cut ups video; I like the way the images are arranged, although I probably wouldn't use an image repeatedly. Here's the video:



I would like to keep the aesthetic very simple, and have recently watched some Fluxus pieces, among which Yoko Ono's 'Blink' and 'Fly'. I've made videos quite similar to hers in the past, and will probably maintain the same style in the future. I prefer lo-tech, simple shots/sequences rather than overdone, overdetailed ones.





George Maciunias- 1000 frames (1966)



Wolf Vostell- Sun in your Head (1963)

No comments: