Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Interrupting the Screen Project

Basically what I want to do with this project is examine the role the audience plays in creating the artwork. I'm going to take this very literally and make the audience the artwork.

I want to create an installation which consists of 3 or 4 'white cubes'. in these cubes, video loops will be playing, triggered by the viewer coming into the space. On these loops, recordings of reactions to another video will be playing. The videos on show will be 'placebo' videos; in one of the cubes, the viewer watching the loop will be filmed. His reaction will then be streamed into one of the other cubes, so as to leave the viewer unaware he was being filmed.

I'll be using isadora and final cut pro, but given the time limits, i probably won't be able to realize my idea in its entirety. I hope to have about 4 placebo videos shot, and optimistically speaking i'll be able to create a prototype of the white cubes.

No comments: